This product is formulated to help the liver function optimally when illness or significant exposure to chemical toxins, heavy metals, drugs, hepatitis C and other viral burdens are present. These situations can put an extra burden on the liver and create a higher demand for nutrients that support antioxidant pathways, detoxification mechanisms, and enzyme regulation.†
• Selenium is an essential trace element that plays a crucial role in protecting the liver. It is an essential constituent of glutathione peroxidase, a powerful antioxidant enzyme that defends against oxidative damage to liver cell membranes. Selenium also helps protect and spare vitamin E. In addition, it helps protect against damage to tissues from exposure to certain heavy metals, including mercury, cadmium, and lead.†
• Milk Thistle is a common herb containing the active ingredient silymarin, a powerful liver protective compound with antioxidant properties. Silymarin helps the liver work more effectively through three primary actions:
1) by preventing harmful toxins from entering cells, 2) by serving as an antioxidant that interrupts the course of free radical damage, and 3) by stimulating regeneration of damaged liver cells.†
• N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC) is an important antioxidant with the ability to increase glutathione, a crucial antioxidant produced in the liver that deactivates free radicals. NAC is also used by the liver to help neutralize toxins from environmental pollutants and waste produced by the body.†
• Alpha Lipoic Acid plays an important role in the generation of cellular energy and has the unique capability of providing antioxidant protection within both the fat and water portion of cells. In addition, alpha-lipoic acid increases the effectiveness of other antioxidants, such as vitamins C and E, all used by the liver to deactivate free radicals.†
This formulation may be useful for individuals who wish to naturally enhance liver function with protective and antioxidant nutrients. Taking this product together with a multiple vitamin/ mineral supplement is suggested for more comprehensive support of liver function. This product is free of the following common allergens: milk/casein, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat/gluten, corn, yeast, and soybeans. Contains no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.