Suggested Use: Use neti pot with Himalaya Chandra Neti Salt or other neti saline rinse packet daily for sinus health and relief of allergies and sinus congestion or as directed by your healthcare provider.
Himalayan Chandra Neti Pot Indications:
- Soothes dry nasal passages
- Gently washes away dust, pollen, and environmental irritants
- Offsets the effects of breathing dry indoor air (especially in winter)
- Removes excess mucus naturally
- Helps you breathe freer when practicing yoga or meditation
Himalayan Chandra Porcelain Neti Pot Features:
- Classic Feel of a Porcelain pot
- Certified Lead Free
- Dishwasher Safe
Himalayan Chandra Neti Pot Instructions on how to perform a nasal rinse:
Step 1: Please wash your hands and rinse the device. Fill the neti pot™ with 240 mL (8 fl oz) of lukewarm distilled, filtered or previously boiled & cooled down water. Always rinse your nasal passages with Himalayan Chandra® Neti Salt™ or Neti Salt Plus™ sachets only. Our sachets contain a mixture of USP grade sodium chloride and sodium bicarbonate. These ingredients are of the purest quality available to make the dry powder mixture. Rinsing your nasal passages with only plain water without our mixture will result in a severe burning sensation as the plain water is not physiologic for your nasal lining, even if it is appropriate for drinking. Additionally, for your safety, do not use tap or faucet water for dissolving the mixture unless it has been previously boiled for five minutes or more as boiling sterilizes the water. Other choices are distilled, micro-filtered (through 0.2 micron), commercially bottled or, as mentioned earlier, previously boiled water at lukewarm or body temperature. You can store boiled water in a clean container for seven days or more if refrigerated. Do NOT use non-chlorinated or nonultra (0.2 micron) filtered well water unless it is boiled and then cooled to lukewarm or body temperature.
You may warm the water in a microwave, but we recommend that you warm it in increments of 5 to 10 seconds to avoid overheating, damaging the device or scalding your nasal passage.
- Step 2: Cut the Neti Salt Plus™ sachet at the corner and pour its contents into the neti pot™. If using the Neti Salt™, measure a ¼ teaspoon of the salt into the neti pot™. Dissolve the mixture / salt into the water using a spoon.
- Step 3: Standing in front of a sink, bend forward to your comfort level and tilt your head to the left. Keeping your mouth open, and without holding your breath, apply the tip of the device snugly against your right nasal passage and ALLOW THE SOLUTION TO GENTLY FLOW until the solution starts draining from the opposite nasal passage. Use roughly half the solution in the neti pot™ (120 mL / 4 fl oz). The solution should not enter your mouth unless you are tilting your head backwards.
- Step 4: Blow your nose very gently, without pinching nose completely to avoid pressure on eardrums. If tolerable, sniff in gently any residual solution remaining in the nasal passage once or twice, because this may clean out the posterior nasopharyngeal area, which is the area at the back of your nasal passage. At times, some solution will reach the back of your throat, so please spit it out. To help drain any residual solution, blow your nose gently while tilting your head forward and to the right side (helps empty left maxillary sinus).
- Step 5: Now repeat steps 3 & 4 on your opposite or left nasal passage by tilting your head to the right during irrigation and tilting to the left side for emptying out the maxillary sinus. If there is any solution left over, please discard. We recommend you make a fresh solution each time you rinse. Rinse once or twice daily OR as directed by your physician.
Himalayan Chandra Neti Pot Cleaning Recommendations:
Because bacteria can grow on wet, dark surfaces, the Neti Pot should be cleaned after each use. You can wash the Neti Pot by hand with hot water and mild soap, and rinse well. After cleaning, let the Neti Pot air dry before the next use.
Always clean your Neti Pot and never share it, even with family members.
When cleaning, remember:
The Porcelain Neti Pot is dishwasher safe.
It is ok to use Porcelain Neti Pot in microwave for disinfection.
FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION (FDA) DISCLOSURE
†*All these statements and information on the product descriptions and this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. Always check with your physician before starting a new dietary supplement program.